For All My Boom Card Lovers
Have you ever heard of Boom Cards? The word is spreading fast because of their effectiveness and how easythey are to implement in any classroom.
What is there to love about Boom Cards?
- They are digital: Whether you want to do a whole group lesson on a smartboard/computer, go 1:1 classroom, or use them for distance learning, Boom Cards make everything seamless as they are completely digital. Plus, you get to save trees! 🙂
- They are self-checking: No more checking individual assignments! Boom Cards are self-checking and the students will get live feedback as they complete the assignment.
- It’s easy to differentiate: You will get live progress reports on all of your students, and they will tell you exactly what your students’ strengths and weaknesses are. This will save you so much time, and allows you to focus your energy on serving your students by catering to their individual needs. You can assign different decks of cards to different students depending on their levels.
- Audio is included: Most of my Boom Cards have audio support to aid those students who need extra help. This will further help students to work independently!
- They are fun: Last but not least, Boom Cards are super fun and engaging. Students love them because they feel like they’re playing a game. It tickles me when I get feedback saying that the students’ begged to play Boom Cards. It’s definitely a win-win! Teachers provide a meaningful resource, and students have fun and learn in a meaningful way.
A Few Things You Need to Know:
- You need access to the Internet.
- You will need to create a free account on the Boom platform.
- There are free and paid memberships, complete with different perks. (Teacher-friendly budget, I promise!)
- Try my free Boom decks before you buy a membership. Scroll down to see the free decks. :)T
Second Grade Grammar Boom Cards
Do you ever think that getting your students to master a grammar skill is like pulling teeth? A fun engaging lesson, of course, is very important, but how do you get the students to practice in a meaningful way? I have always liked to incorporate both digital and print elements into teaching, and that is why when I found out about Boom Cards, I decided to add Second Grade Grammar Boom Cards to my growing library of resources.
What is included?
- Common or proper nouns
- Possessive nouns
- Possessive or plural nouns
- Singular or plural nouns
- Irregular plural nouns
- Collective nouns
- Action verbs
- Irregular past tense verbs
- Linking verbs
- Helping verbs
- Comparative and superlative adjectives
- Personal and possessive pronouns
- Reflexive pronouns
- Commas in letters
- Types of sentences
- Context clues
- Subject and predicate
- Shades of meaning
- Simple and compound sentences
- Complete and incomplete sentences
- Compound words
More Grammar Resources
Free Boom Cards For You to Try!
Want to know more?
If you are totally overwhelmed with the countless number of digital platforms that you have had to embrace suddenly since 2020, take a deep breath. If what you are working with is working out really well for you, go with that and don’t stress over having to add another thing onto your plate. HOWEVER, if you are looking for an easier way, Boom Cards are the way to go. Honestly, I was a Boom-user-turned-Boom-author, and feel now that discovering Boom Cards was one of the best things that’s happened to me in the classroom. It’s just easy, so much fun, and ultimately, saves masses of a teacher’s precious time. Watch this video to help you if you’d like to dive into it!
Explore Other Posts
Have you been a Teachers Pay Teachers user for some time? Maybe you have been on the platform for years like me, or maybe you are somewhat new to it. Whichever the case, we have all been experiencing the same thing for the past year: a storm of need for digital resources.Thankfully, teacher-authors have recognized this
For All My Boom Card Lovers Have you ever heard of Boom Cards? The word is spreading fast because of their effectiveness and how easythey are to implement in any classroom. What is there to love about Boom Cards? They are digital: Whether you want to do a whole group lesson on a smartboard/computer, go
When I last blogged about my First Grade Math Boom Cards, many people were just beginning to discover the incredible Boom Learning platform, which made many teachers’ lives so much easier. Assigning, asssessing, and differentiating became a breeze, and the fact that everything could be done online was probably the reason why there was such a
Why Should You Use Boom Cards? Have you heard of Boom cards? They are self-checking digital task cards that can be played on tablets, computers, and even smartphones. They range from answering single or multiple questions, filling in the blanks, and dragging and dropping the answers. They are self-checking, so students get immediate feedback, and